UltraClean has the technology to restore important papers, books, files and documents. We can now return these damaged articles to stable condition and the usable life of the item is extended due to our de-acidification technologies. The sooner our technicians can begin, the sooner deterioration of the papers is halted, minimizing the need for restorative procedures.
The process of restoring documents uses a new generation of vacuum freeze dryers designed for books, documents and paper material. Our proprietary freeze drying techniques ensure rapid freezing and controlled drying processes. Our state of the art Molecular Sieve treatment is giving us exceptional results in document restoration by controlling the rate of drying of delicate materials.
- Call a professional within 24 hours to prevent secondary damage
- Leave wet fabrics in place, dry as soon as possible
- Open wet books, exposing wet paper that tears easily
- Stack books or papers in piles on the floor
- Press wet books or papers
- Rub surfaces, books or papers, even if soiled
- Separate pages or single sheets of paper unless supported by polyester film or fabric
- Use colored blotting paper or colored paper of any kind to dry books or other documents